Provider Enrollment Information
Public Authority facilitates provider orientation and manages the enrollment process for new and inactive IHSS providers.
How to Become A Provider
If you are a new provider or a provider that has not been paid by IHSS in over a year; you will need to complete the Provider Enrollment Process.
- Complete the online process by selecting the "Continue To Enrollment" button below to create an account. Save your username, password and security questions.
- Watch the IHSS videos online.
- Complete the required forms online.
- Schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend the in person orientation. Be sure to bring the required documents listed below.
- Current valid Driver’s License or a US government issued photo ID.
- Social Security Card that matches your ID.
- In addition to the online registration, providers will need to complete a mandatory background check.
- Take the completed Live Scan form (print from enrollment site or pick up at orientation) to a fingerprinting site.
- Fingerprinting is paid for by you and currently costs approximately $80.
- Live Scan Locations | State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
- The payroll process will begin when the enrollment process is complete and your background check has cleared.
- The SOC 426 A is required to be completed by the recipient and returned.
Continue To Enrollment